About Me

My photo
cinnamon, tranquilizer, and sorry are three things i find difficult to say. i'm horrible at spelling. People say i'm funny which is good cause laughing is my favorite! I love singing loudly and dancing poorly. Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My heart knows me better than i know myself so i'm going to let it do all the talking

November 27, 2007

This weekend I had the chance to visit with an old friend, who over the years I've been really close with, and he said something that I thought at the time I knew the answer to but it wasn't until today that I truly discovered its meaning.

He said that he had spent the last few years finding out who he is. We talked about ways we had both changed over the years. It was good to catch up and re-kindle a friendship from the past.

I've had a whirlwind of a week, but today as I was driving to work- it hit me. I finally felt happy with myself. For the first time in my life I felt like I was in the right spot and on the right track. haha it was "like lightning struck my brian". I almost always carry around a small amount of uncertainty about the choices I've made whether it's school, work, or relationships, but NOT TODAY.

I can see where God has placed me and I'm starting to get a glimpse of why. Life changes and I'm going to make mistakes but its okay because nothing is permanent. Love DOES conquer all (thanks Ashley & Regina).

This week was my wake up call. Putting yourself out there is one of the scariest places to be and rejection is a big obstacle for me. But I've lived through it, not that it doesn't hurt (tremendously). Try- for heavens sake I beg you. Take a chance, do something you've always wanted to do. For me I feel that I've been called to get involved in my community. For you it may be as simple as letting people into your life: a friend, family member, or stranger. All I know is that I've wasted too much time being selfish. So get involved- love, forgive, grow, live, & most importantly RISK!

No comments: